EFB version 2.0 status

Hi Ray

Yes, for the moment it will be a manual task.  The Flight Logs should be in the following folder unless you have made any changes:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\FlightLogs - where XXXXXX is your username.

I have a full Adobe Acrobat programme as I use it for my work so not sure if the basic reader has a similar function or not.

Brgds

Ken

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ken. I shall investigate. :)

LATER: I've found a load of PDFs in that folder. They appear to be generated automatically.

Here's one for a Concorde flight from EGCC Manchester to LPPT Lisbon. 60T fuel burn per hour on take-off! Just as well I don't pay for the fuel!  :D

EGCC_LPPT_20170123_2102.pdf

Not for me Urs. I'm happy with the PDF option.

I just found over 500 logs in that folder. Clearly I never read the manual showing where they would be saved. I've been using screenshots when I needed to send flight info as part of testing Concorde. :huh:

• 1 month later...
On 17/05/2014 at 5:37 PM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Ray,

it's very difficult to say a certain number of progress (like "we are at 80%" or similar). Too many times in the past I thought that there are only a few months left until beta tests can start. And always there came up a problem which destroyed my plans. The only thing that I can say for now is that Alpha tests will start within the next few days. Alpha means that not yet all functions are implemented. Beta means, all function are implemented.

Sorry for not being more precisely.

Hi Urs,

I've seen your latest reply this morning saying you're still in alpha testing but you posted nearly 3 years ago (above) you were starting alpha testing. Three years seems an extraordinary long time for alpha testing. :-o

It might bring a wry smile to your face if I told you I was considering not buying EFB in November 2013 because I felt v2 wasn't too far away. :-D

Can we realistically expect v2 in 2017?

Ray,

it's still the same as in my post of 2014:

...  there came up a problem which destroyed my plans, and still not all features are implemented yet.

Can we realistically expect v2 in 2017?

If you go on a journey for the very first time and you don't know the exact way and you don't know what will expect you, how can one say exactly when he will get there?

All I can say is that I'm working really hard (including Saturdays and Sundays ... when others have their leisure time), and - believe me - I also want to release it as soon as possible, but I will not release an unfinished and incomplete work.

I will announce it herein when beta tests will and can start.

Thank you for the update Urs. But I'm surprised you said you're on a journey for the first time. Surely that was v1?

v2 as I understand it is using fsuipc rather than simconnect for the data. Clearly you've had a major setback so I hope the waters ahead are calmer for you.

Ray,

although v2 is still an EFB, it's a completely new program where only the basic idea has been taken from v1.

Version 2 is a multi-threaded client-server architecture, created for different simulators, and with a lot of new features. I guess that's what I meant with the "new journey". But the really big challenges are finding solutions for situations which were never occurring in real life, such as all the possibilities given by the nature of a simulation (starting your flight already airborne, changing your aircraft in flight, pausing your flight, reset a flight, load a previously saved flight ... using up-to-date real world navigation procedures while your simulator still has no longer existing and not yet existing navaids because the simulator database is more than 10 years old, ILS frequencies which do not correspond to navigation procedures, magnetic variation which differs from the variation used in procedures etc. It's not that easy like it sounds, believe me. And exactly such things are the problems which usually pop up unexpected and they can make any plans useless.

I don't wanted to just copy v1 with a new simulator interface (FSUIPC vs. SimConnect), I wanted to improve it significantly.

8 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Ray,

although v2 is still an EFB, it's a completely new program where only the basic idea has been taken from v1.

Version 2 is a multi-threaded client-server architecture, created for different simulators, and with a lot of new features. I guess that's what I meant with the "new journey". But the really big challenges are finding solutions for situations which were never occurring in real life, such as all the possibilities given by the nature of a simulation (starting your flight already airborne, changing your aircraft in flight, pausing your flight, reset a flight, load a previously saved flight ... using up-to-date real world navigation procedures while your simulator still has no longer existing and not yet existing navaids because the simulator database is more than 10 years old, ILS frequencies which do not correspond to navigation procedures, magnetic variation which differs from the variation used in procedures etc. It's not that easy like it sounds, believe me. And exactly such things are the problems which usually pop up unexpected and they can make any plans useless.

I don't wanted to just copy v1 with a new simulator interface (FSUIPC vs. SimConnect), I wanted to improve it significantly.

Hi Urs,

Thanks for taking the time to post your plans for the next version. It sounds like you should have decided on a completely different name as it sounds far more ambitious than v1.

I hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew. Some of those features like restarting EFB from a saved flight seem to go against the concept of a flight logger. But it's your baby and you're doing all the work so who am I to argue? ;-)

I'm approaching 66. Hopefully by the time I reach 67 I'll be the owner of this software. :-D Keep your nose to the grindstone! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Urs

You are starting to get some REAL competition out there! I still use EFB as I am so familiar with it, but it's hard to get other to chose this old software before 2 or 3 new competitors that is up and running and in continuous development.

In a short time, Navigraph will release their solution for moving map, and it looks really interesting. FSFlightControl is another already operational efb, and us Prosim737 users will soon get another EFB via plugin... Froom and others try, but lack direct support for maps/navdata, but things are moving.

Hope you get v2.0 out there before it is to late...

Geir,

I feel that you are just trying to score some rather cheap points today. Urs hardly needs you to point out the existence of competition.

I have always found Urs to greatly care about the quality of his software and he has readily told us of the challenges he faces in creating a quality EFB v2.

It seems that your contribution is only an opportunity to prompt an early release. Your comments do not add to this.

I hope that you will accept my well-meant comments.

I have been a user of Aivlasoft EFB since almost day 1, and I love it. I dont think there is many users that have used this program more then I have, and I really want to use a new versin for the next 6 years

It's not cheep points. We need some solid news that a V2 with fresh code is "around the corner". I want the job done, but want smarter applications.

EFB is not updating any more, and not bringing any improvements for years will soon place it in history when new programs do the same tasks smarter...

Please Developpers, allow DisplayUnit to be started without dataprovider running (with a sort of timer checking every 5000ms if the dataprovider is running and if dataprovider path is available) 

And give us some news about the roadmap of the awaited V2

3 hours ago, Mario Dantas said:

Please Developpers, allow DisplayUnit to be started without dataprovider running (with a sort of timer checking every 5000ms if the dataprovider is running and if dataprovider path is available) 

And give us some news about the roadmap of the awaited V2

Mario, I can already start the DU without the DP but I don't see why you would want to. Without the DP there is no Data for the DU to display. Or am i missing the point?

As regards V2 I can only point you to Urs post 8 above yours.

• 3 months later...