EFB version 2.0 status

We have not settled on what it will be, but with our record of providing free updates to current 1.x customers, it should be "aggressive."

And we would appreciate it for you to abide by the forum rules to please sign your posts with your real first name so we know to whom we are talking with. Thanks.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's probably too late to take 'requests' for functionality, but it would be great if:

1. The runway numbers could be updated when they change (eg: Chicago O'Hare (KORD) is still using the old numbers in 1.5.xx)

2. The SIDS and STARS would draw the chart so we could see which one to choose depending on which direction we are arriving from/departing to. This is my biggest problem when flying to new airfields - it's great being able to choose the SIDS and STARS, but sometimes there are so many possibilities it takes you an age just to find the right one.  If v2.0 could draw out the chart (even in a very basic form) it would help enormously

Anyway, like everyone else, so looking forward to v2. Credit card is burning a hole in my pocket, so do get a move on, there's a good chap :D

Mike

Hi Mike,

it's never too late ...

1) the runway numbers can be "changed" using the file runways.txt. For more information please read this: http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1195-runwaystxt-runway-identifiers-are-greyed-out/

2) Selecting procedures will be completely different than with version 1.x. It will allow you to select any procedure while the selected procedure is depicted immediately. The dialog where you can select from will no longer cover the map behind, you will now see what you select.

Hi Ned,

this newer version is a compatibility version for Win10 and Steam users. Please see here: http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/2016-windows-10-efb-compatibility-version-160/

Apart from the compatibility some minor bugs have been fixed. As a part of the compatibility the target version for the .NET framework has been changed to the newer version 4.0 (instead of the 3.5).

Hi Ned,

this newer version is a compatibility version for Win10 and Steam users. Please see here: http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/2016-windows-10-efb-compatibility-version-160/

Apart from the compatibility some minor bugs have been fixed. As a part of the compatibility the target version for the .NET framework has been changed to the newer version 4.0 (instead of the 3.5).

Hi Urs,

Do the fixing of some minor bugs include the disappearance of Ai during a longish flight? That is the one BIG problem of the current version that I'm otherwise very happy with.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to integrate the Flight Level of the destination into the v2.0 EFB?

Flight altitude of an airport is known and when the QNH is also known, see in the "modules -> Metar", it should be possible to calculate the FL for the arrival airport.

Regards, Jos

Jos,

if there is one single and unmistakable rule which can be applied worldwide then it could be implemented in v2. But I fear that there are too many different and country-dependent regulations. EFB will use the published transition altitudes and (if available) the transition levels from the AIRAC cycles.

And here are my two cents:

If you fly alone (offline) then TL is not relevant, just switch to QNH at a safe height above airfield elevation. If you fly online then it is ATC which tells you the TL.

Hi Urs,

Maybe I do not quite understand the problem you mentioned.

As all Trans. Alt. (fixed per country) are mentioned in the EFB plates (so available for calculation) and when the QNH is known, via the Moduls/Metar, then it should be

easy to calculate for all airports the Trans. Level and in my opinion this has nothing to do with airacs.

For myself now I use a simple little programm to calculate the Trans. Level by filling in the Trans. Alt. and the QNH.

But it is more convenient when this is automatically done in the EFB and indicated at the arrivals plates in EFB.

Jos

• 4 weeks later...