EFB version 2.0 status

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alfredo,

We are almost ready to publish EFB 1.5.0, which will have Prepare3D 2.0 support in addition to several more weather engines.

EFB 2.0 will be available in 2014... Fathers Ted and Jack would approve... if their eyes could stay open. :)

In the next few days, my family's gathering together with food and presents and frivolity for the expected Christmas regeneration, (and yet I thought there could only be 13 ???) - still we hope all will be well with you and yours as with all flight simmers..... :)

Marc,

Merry Christmas from California! :)

EFB 1.5.0 should be released on Christmas Day. Urs has finished with the German manuals, and will "sleep on it" and do a final build check. If nothing is wrong, it should be posted tomorrow.

I'll be around later in the day in case any "support" is needed.

Best regards and as always thank you for your custom!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please also consider support smaller screen size, or add scroll bar in DisplayUnit.

I have a smaller laptop I use as client to run EFB and other addons, no problem with other addons but EFB window can't display properly due to the resolution requirement.

I believe there are other people with the same demand.

Thanks!

Minimum height of the screen resolution will be 768 pixels. Portrait orientation is no longer supported, only landscape. This is due to the fact that in the last few years more or less only wide screen displays with an aspect ratio of 16:9 or 16:10 have come to the market.

Hi Urs,

Thanks for the answer.

Max resolution on my laptop is 1366*768 with font size set to "small" but I still can't see the buttons in bottom of DisplayUnit. I will further test it tonight and make a new post with sceenshot if the problem do not resolve.

I'm not sure how it works and if it is possible but my suggestion is why not make the DisplayUnit with scroll bar so people can scroll down to the bottom like other program? it could save a lot of trouble.

Thanks!

Hi Ray,

it seems that you have the same TFT like me. Yes, the resolution of 1280x1024 works fine with version 2.0. Of course 4:3 is still a good option, but portrait is no longer supported because of the new layout which tries to leave as much room as possible in the vertical direction. This is one of the not-so-good-things in EFB version 1.x, especially on the approach chart. I'm aware of that and therefore all possible data has been moved to the side.

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your reply confirming a 1280*1024 display will still be fine for v2. :D There is the option of course in v1 Approach mode to hide some options so you have more vertical space. I tried it on my laptop but the 18" 4:3 display is still better.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

If this has been brought up previously, excuse me, and think of this post as a "+1".

It would be nice if V2 of EFB had the ability to communicate with different flight simulators without having to rebuild databases when switching from one to the other.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

building a database for EFB is a very complex process especially for version 2.0 because there are a lot more things which will be considered than in version 1.x when building a database. Nevertheless there are several intermediate stages that will be saved to reduce the overall build time when rebuilding the database due to a switch from one to the other simulator.

Hi Urs

I hope your well ,just catching up to see what you are upto. I see that Travis had a bad year last year I hope he is well. Any news on the xplane aspect we discussed a while back.

Wycliffe

P.s still using and loving xplane

Hi Wycliffe,

thanks for coming in ;-).

X-plane is still on the plan but it will not be available with 2.0. Maybe 2.1 or 2.2. The release version 2.0 will support FS9/FSX/P3D because all of them are available through one single interface. X-Plane requires another one and I did not have time yet to study that other interface and the entire database structure which must also be known before I can start to develop.

• 3 weeks later...

Just Like other members here have mentioned before me

I also cant Fly any more with out EFB , and By this I cant wait to see what you have added in version 2

Many thanks EFB has Changed my Flying hobby to the best

many thanks

building a database for EFB is a very complex process especially for version 2.0 because there are a lot more things which will be considered than in version 1.x when building a database. Nevertheless there are several intermediate stages that will be saved to reduce the overall build time when rebuilding the database due to a switch from one to the other simulator.

Hello Urs,

Well as luck would have it, I'm finding less and less interest in running FSX anymore. Developers, like yourself, are bringing more and more planes, sceneries, utilities, etc into the P3D camp that I find it a waste of time to bother with those not interested in the new growing market. So I guess my original request is no longer important, at least to me.

Thanks for the reply!