EFB version 2.0 status

Congrats on Version 2...  proud owner of v1 since 9/2017...lol

Quick question...I struggle to get from gate to runway at larger airports...maybe I am dreaming but is there anyway this program or any will guide or get you from point A to Point B.

Might be a lame question...sorry,

Have a great day!!!

Bob M.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Dane said:

One question - Do you feel that on this release it will be bug free, at least for the most part?

Speaking as a beta tester I’ve not seen any bugs for a while. A small but dedicated team worked hard on finding and reporting them.

I was testing many flights with FSL Concorde and EFB v2 coped admirably. The ability to quickly change waypoints in a plan is much better than v1 as is selecting SIDS and STARs.

19 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

Congrats on Version 2...  proud owner of v1 since 9/2017...lol

Quick question...I struggle to get from gate to runway at larger airports...maybe I am dreaming but is there anyway this program or any will guide or get you from point A to Point B.

Might be a lame question...sorry,

Have a great day!!!

Bob M.

Bob, there’s a great Taxi feature that makes it a breeze at both departure and destination.

9 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

Speaking as a beta tester I’ve not seen any bugs for a while. A small but dedicated team worked hard on finding and reporting them.

I was testing many flights with FSL Concorde and EFB v2 coped admirably. The ability to quickly change waypoints in a plan is much better than v1 as is selecting SIDS and STARs.

Great news Ray - thanks for feedback

one thing is not really clear with v2

always using efb in a network environment .

do i have to buy the server v2 or the client v2 ????

or will it be server v2 and the client  comes with v2 download????

Or the server v2 and download the client if needed for network andis free of charge ?????

how will it works for users v1 i have efb v1 via simmarket???

kind regards

31 minutes ago, wildeboer said:

one thing is not really clear with v2

always using efb in a network environment .

do i have to buy the server v2 or the client v2 ????

or will it be server v2 and the client  comes with v2 download????

Or the server v2 and download the client if needed for network andis free of charge ?????

how will it works for users v1 i have efb v1 via simmarket???

kind regards

EFB v2 just uses a new naming convention. I can't remember the naming of the components in EFB v1 (sorry it's too long ago that I used EFB v1 ?). I think the DisplayUnit is now what we call the CLIENT. The SERVER is the part that is dealing with the Simulator and must be installed on the Simulator Computer.

The CLIENT is driving the display as you see it on the screenshots.

An EFB v2 installation consists of a SERVER and a CLIENT installation. If you want to use the EFB v2 display within your local network, you just use the CLIENT(s) on your networked computer(s) (as many as you like).

So: if you buy EFB v2, you buy one package containing the SERVER and the CLIENT installer.

You can use all combinations of SERVER and CLIENTS. The most iportant is that the SERVER MUST be on the same Computer as the Simulator.The CLIENT(s) can be on the same computer and/or on additional computer(s).

The second question is not clear to me and it makes me wonder a bit. You could NEVER buy EFB v1 via SimMarket. It was SOLELY marketed by AivlaSoft - that's at least my latest level of knowledge.

Hello Aivlasoft,

Congrats on the release, you made it on time!

I just have few questions to ask about EFB v2

1. There is a neat tool in ETA v1 to log all times during the flight phase. (The ATA to reach a specific waypoint, OUT TIME, OFF TIME-ATD, ON TIME-ATA, IN TIM etc. Does ETA v2 have this toll as well?

2. I know on-ground times are logged in UTC format but are they going to be logged in local time formats as well, more like adding an additional time indication for local time? See there is local time formats used on the AOC charts, for airport operation, runway preference usage, noise abatement procedure etc, so that might be helpful and necessary.

3. Are you going to support X-Plane in the next sub-version of v2, when?

Thank you very much for the answers

Cheers,

Kahn

8 hours ago, Kyle Kahn said:

1. There is a neat tool in ETA v1 to log all times during the flight phase. (The ATA to reach a specific waypoint, OUT TIME, OFF TIME-ATD, ON TIME-ATA, IN TIM etc. Does ETA v2 have this toll as well?

Due to the fact that some developers of add-on aircraft program the engines outside of the simulator, it is not always possible to recognize the time when the engine starts and when the engine stops. Engine start and stop was the trigger to save the Block-On and Block-Off-Time in EFB v1. We decided to no longer rely on this.

In EFB v2 only the liftoff and the touchdown time is logged. The flight log is still opened/closed/saved automatically, saved as PDF and/or CSV file.

2. I know on-ground times are logged in UTC format but are they going to be logged in local time formats as well, more like adding an additional time indication for local time? See there is local time formats used on the AOC charts, for airport operation, runway preference usage, noise abatement procedure etc, so that might be helpful and necessary.

Times are logged and indicated in UTC. You may switch from "UTC computer", which is the real-world time, or "UTC simulator" which then takes the time from the simulator. The time stamps in the flight log are according to the "time-provider" selection.

3. Are you going to support X-Plane in the next sub-version of v2, when?

It's too early to say when. Currently I'm searching for the best way to connect with XPlane.

9 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Due to the fact that some developers of add-on aircraft program the engines outside of the simulator, it is not always possible to recognize the time when the engine starts and when the engine stops. Engine start and stop was the trigger to save the Block-On and Block-Off-Time in EFB v1. We decided to no longer rely on this.

In EFB v2 only the liftoff and the touchdown time is logged. The flight log is still opened/closed/saved automatically, saved as PDF and/or CSV file.

I remembered you can log the Block OUT time and Block IN time manually in EFB v1, do you plan to keep this feature?

On 6/24/2018 at 4:32 AM, lonewulf47 said:

Bob,

I fully understand your point, however, I'm afraid that you don't understand mine. This is a private forum of the Developer AivlaSoft and for that reason we do not comment on any competitive products or developers here. Furthermore we do expect the same from our customers. This is not a strict rule, but just a matter of decency. There are many public forums where comparisons of any kind can be published. This is the only point that I made in my statement. Which part of this should contain the elements of personal offence will most probably remain one of the (few) unresolved mysteries in my life...?

Again, at no point did I ask anyone here on their opinion of competitive products, I simply shared my backstory of what led me to my interest in v2 of the EFB program to support my reasonable request for a detailed overview on the changes between v1 and v2 - entirely reasonable to mention the name of competitive products in this situation. Also it would seem you are making rules up on the fly in an attempt to support your deliberate and wild misrepresentations of me, just a quick search of competitive products of this forum yields multiple examples without any form of challenge to them.

This is absolutely baffling, just a simple, respectful and well reasoned request for information about v2 EFB can be met with absolute vitriol from Aivlasoft Staff, what have they got to hide?

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Again, at no point did I ask anyone here on their opinion of competitive products, I simply shared my backstory of what led me to my interest in v2 of the EFB program to support my reasonable request for a detailed overview on the changes between v1 and v2 - entirely reasonable to mention the name of competitive products in this situation. Also it would seem you are making rules up on the fly in an attempt to support your deliberate and wild misrepresentations of me, just a quick search of competitive products of this forum yields multiple examples without any form of challenge to them.

This is absolutely baffling, just a simple, respectful and well reasoned request for information about v2 EFB can be met with absolute vitriol from Aivlasoft Staff, what have they got to hide?

Bob, stop that please!

Nobody is making up rules on the fly nor do we have anything to hide. Your (in your view) reasonable request for a detailed overview on the changes between v1 and v2 can simply not be fulfilled the way you are expecting it. To address my answer as being a "deliberate and wild misinterpretation" of you is something I will simply ignore, as it is a completely illegitimate imputation.

Fact is that we did not issue a changelog or any similar list as there is simply no such thing. EFB v2 is - as has been written also on other occasions - a completely new development and the only commonality with EFB V1 is the EFB part of the name. We give the interested users free access to all User Manuals and we furthermore offer a free 30-days trial for the new product. I have no clue what else you expect.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

my reasonable request for a detailed overview on the changes between v1 and v2

Bob,

before I start my answer, please bear in mind that English is not my mother tongue so please do not weigh every word. Thanks!

You asked for a "bulleted" list of "what's-new-items" but we can't provide it, simply because there is no such list. Why did we not create and publish such a "bulleted" list? Given the fact that EFB v2 is a completely new product which has almost nothing to do with v1, except its basic idea of being an EFB, a list of "what's-new-items" would be a list of hundreds of items which finally would be almost the same content that is already written in the manuals. From my point of view such a long list would not make any sense and - let's assume there would be such a long list - I were not able to decide which points in the list could be left out to shorten the list, without the risk of removing items which I personally think that they are not so important, but the customer is just waiting for exactly this feature. Therefore we decided to publish the entire manuals already so the customer gets the best and comprehensive information about what he can expect from the new product.

Believe me, we are really interested in giving as much information, as we can share at this moment, to our customers. Hiding certain things would definitely not be a benefit for us.

Thank you for understanding.

4 hours ago, Kyle Kahn said:

I remembered you can log the Block OUT time and Block IN time manually in EFB v1, do you plan to keep this feature?

Currently not. In EFB v2 there is no longer an explicit module for only the flight log. The flight log is now kind of a sub-function of the flight plan and it starts/stops/saves automatically in the background.

I've been reading through the User Guide for a couple of days, EFB v2 contains so much useful information and can see a lot of thought has gone into this version.

Really looking forward to buying it on Sunday  ☺️

This looks very nice. Time to upgrade.
Thanks for the effort guys.

Though I have a question regarding the routeplanning. Is it still so, that you either need to find a route from an external tool/source or build you route completely manually?
Not like FSC where you say: Start at X, end at Y, build route?

RobB

1 hour ago, aarbee said:

This looks very nice. Time to upgrade.
Thanks for the effort guys.

Though I have a question regarding the routeplanning. Is it still so, that you either need to find a route from an external tool/source or build you route completely manually?
Not like FSC where you say: Start at X, end at Y, build route?

RobB

You can import a route from PFPX, enter one manually or use the link to RouteFinder for it to generate one for you.

19 minutes ago, aarbee said:

Thank you for the answer.You need an external source/tool, like EFB 1.x.

I have PFPX, Simbrief by the way.

RobB

If you have PFPX then that will do fine. No other sources needed I would have thought.