net framework hangups

Great update, nice job!

I am experiencing (both with the new update and the previous one) FSX hangups. The message directs to net framework and the connection between the EFB and the sim. Unfortunately, I cannot save the message (or I just do not know how). This usually happens after an hour of flight.

The operating system is W7 32bit (which means preinstalled framework 3.5). I have also installed the recommended Microsoft C++ Library update from the following link

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067

Any suggestions?

When you show the DataProvider, is there a yellow marked message with sth like that?

HRESULT: 0xC000014B

Numbers can differ...

If you using VRInsight mod in FSUIPC then follow this post in the FSUIPC forum:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=80256

If you don't know what VRInsight is or FSUIPC or the FSUIPC-VRInsight-Mod, than you don't have to look inside this thread :mrgreen:

I have experienced, that FS is sometimes not closing proper, but I have not figuered out why...

If this happens, the DataProvider gives this message and is disconnected from SimConnect, means FS. You have to close and restart just the DataProvider.

(Maybe Urs can us give a "restart DP" Button some in the DU and DP; would save us some Mouseclicks ;) )

Try to make a screenshot of your messages and post it here. Urs can say surely something about them...

Guenter

i do not get a yelow message (at least when I start the sim and EFB). I have not checked when the problem arises, but when it does the only option is to kill the sim and at the same time DataProvider is killed also (Display stays on).

The message I get mentions SimConnect.

And yes, I do not use FSUIPC. :oops:

I will try to capture the message with PrtScn.

This issue is quite annoying as it happens in long flights.. so for the time being I will have to carefully save flights, I guess.

abax2000,

what other add-ons (which are also using SimConnect) are running at the time when FSX hangs?

the only option is to kill the sim and at the same time DataProvider is killed also (Display stays on)
If FSX is being killed it will no longer be able to terminate properly and as a result of this SimConnect will also crash. Therefore also the DataProvider crashes. It's like in a cascade ...

Best regards,

Urs

BTW: According to the forum rules which can be found at the top of every page, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thx.

No other addons usin SimConnect. Only addons are UTX, GEX, STLandclass and local small stuff (airports etc in addon library).

I remember reading somewhere that there was a problem with windowed FSX (which is the case when EFB is used) and the windows taskbar. I will try to verify. If you know something on this, please fill me in.

ok, I managed to replicate it: FSX windowed, taskbar in auto-hide. When the mouse goes over the taskbar area, FSX hangs up.

I think that if taskbar is not in autohide does not happen. I will try to verify.

Message below:

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immiadiately.

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObjectType(Enum RequestID, Enum DefineID, UInt32 dwRadiusMeters, SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE type)

at a5.f()

at a5.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.23865

Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe

log4net

Assembly Version: 1.2.10.0

Win32 Version: 1.2.10.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/log4net.DLL

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

DevExpress.Utils.v9.1

Assembly Version: 9.1.4.0

Win32 Version: 9.1.4.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.Utils.v9.1.DLL

Castle.Windsor

Assembly Version: 1.0.3.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.3.5114

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.Windsor.DLL

Castle.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.Core.DLL

Castle.MicroKernel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.MicroKernel.DLL

Rhino.Commons

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.1414

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Rhino.Commons.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Rhino.Commons.Clr

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.1414

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Rhino.Commons.Clr.DLL

System.Web

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

Castle.DynamicProxy2

Assembly Version: 2.0.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.3.5114

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.DynamicProxy2.DLL

AivlaSoft.Efb.Common

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.23864

Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.Common.DLL

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

DevExpress.Data.v9.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.Data.v9.1.DLL

DevExpress.XtraEditors.v9.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v9.1.DLL

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

DevExpress.XtraBars.v9.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraBars.v9.1.DLL

Desaware.MachineLicense20

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Desaware.MachineLicense20.DLL

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

Desaware.Dls.Interfaces20

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AivlaSoft/EFB/Desaware.Dls.Interfaces20.DLL

System.Security

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect

Assembly Version: 10.0.61259.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi,

please sign your posts with your real-life first name. Thanks.

ok, I managed to replicate it: FSX windowed, taskbar in auto-hide. When the mouse goes over the taskbar area, FSX hangs up. I think that if taskbar is not in autohide does not happen. I will try to verify.
I tried this but I wasn't successful to replicate the behavior.

As already mentioned in earlier posts (see below) the error you reported is raised by the simconnect-object and the information which is given by this error is not documented in the SDK :cry: . I tried to find some information by a Google search but I was not succesful.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Oddly enough, I started using the auto-hide taskbar a few weeks ago in a successful attempt to gain a few fps in fsx.

I've not encountered an exception as described though, and I'm constantly calling different fsx add-ons during my flights.

I will endeavor to increase my tinkering around in an attempt to generate an exception, but as I'm not running W7-32, it may be in vain.

Sorry for late response, but I was out of action for some days...

I tested FSX and EFB without taskbar autohide and it gave several trouble free hours and flights.

And then hangup again with the same old message...this time it followed an odd screensaver poping up during playtime (in a long leg over the sea on autopilot with no keystrokes, mouse movement etc)... the system hungup just after the screensaver appearance...

So for the time it appears that (for my system at least) i have to avoid autohide and deactivate screensaver.

At least until someone finds out the real reason/remedy (lol)...

PS. Even with this problem, EFB is still a great product, very close to perfection which hopefully will be achieved in the next update.

Hmmm, very weird that matter...

There are others who share your problem. See the other thread here: http://www.aivlasoft.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=144

What sceneries do you fly over? I'm sure this has nothing to do with other modules making use of SimConnect (I tested with EZCA, FSUIPC and AddonManager - they don't play a role). Don't know about that task bar / screensaver thing. But last night I deactivated some heavy load photoscenery I was flying over (Germany VFR to be precise) and was able to complete a flight with EFB for the first time without encountering the hangups.

I don't think that it's a problem of a specific scenery but perhaps FSX runs out of system resources and SimConnect terminates as the "weakest part" in the system? Just an idea from a non-expert... 8-) Although - if I get you right you flew over water at the time of the hungup. That doesn't fit to my theory...

It's so strange...

Cheers

Christian

Hello all user from EFB and having problm with FSX freezes.

This solution did it for me and for a lot off other users.

EFB gives a problem with Framework due to freezing of th FSX.

Thisproblem is solved by someone.

Read his post:

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL FILE CAUSES OTHER DLL FILES TO MALFUNCTION!

Alright folks, I have the fix---after a whole year of fidgeting and spending $600 on every stinking version of windows out there-XP 32 bit. XP proffessional 64, vista HP32, vista HP 64, Win 7 32 & 64 RC, Win 7 32 enterprise and Win 7 64 bit professional (my primary FSX OS on which I did the succesful fix). As simple as it may sound this works. I tried replacing the Uiautomationcore.dll file and FSX would still crash albeit after a while. And if it wasn't that dll file then it would be some other file like ntdll. So I tried completely deleting the uiautomationcore.dll file from both the syswow64 and system 32 folders. Now I am playing FSX with graphics and traffic settings set to custom and turned all the way up while I have aircraft, scenery and weather settings turned to ultra high and no crashes for two days!!!! I can click in and out of any menu such as the MAP or virtual flight path or change aircraft mid-flight or change weather mid-flight with no crashing. I have tried every which way to get FSX to crash and I just cannot get it to!

FSX really is awesome when it works.

HERE IS THE FIX: You may have to take ownership of the files if windows stops you from deleting the file. Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says username:

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll

cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll

cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.)

If you have Nvidia cards download their latest driver also. Its got a huge performance increase. The only problem I have had by deleting the UIautomationcore.dll file is that if I exit FSX completely while in flight my windows desktop becomes dysfunctional and I have to restart. If I first end the flight and then exit FSX I have no problem. I have four different OS's on seperate partitions on my computer built specifically for FSX. There is no point in playing FSX on any 32 bit version of windows because you will get more out of FS 2004 than FSX on a 32 bit system.

Now, since I have 12 gigs of RAM, dual 9800GT's, intel core i7 920 running at stock (cuz MSI MB's suck for OC), and three 22" monitors-- instead of getting 10 FPS (on my 32 bit windows 7)I get 25 FPS on my 64 bit Windows 7 with two virtual cockpit windows on two monitors and all of my instruments on the 3rd monitor. BTW 6 GB (if you have tri-channel) or 8GB Ram (if you have dual channel) with a 64 bit OS is plenty-I just found my DDR3 RAM for dirt cheap at Microcenter a year ago. 4 GB is not enough as you will get OOM errors with settings even turned up halfway. No need to buy fancy graphics cards either because FSX is CPU intensive and doesn't really do well on the newer graphics cards. The 9800GT's are dirt cheap at like $70. Also definitely upgrade to the core i7.

Please get the word out to all of our fsx friends!!!

I hope it will help you as it solved my freezing totaly and if you google you will find other who did this and are very happy with this solution

Best Regards

Frans van Zantbeek

KLM949

The Netherlands

Hmmm, Frans, sounds very interesting and promising. Thanks for sharing this.

I simply wonder whether this is an overall performance tweak or just the solution to the net framework hangups (Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B). I don't see a direct connection between your tweak and the error.

What is that uiautomationcore.dll good for? What is it intended to do?

And do I run any risk in trying your tweak? If I don't like it it seems i can simply restore the backup files, right?

Cheers

Christian

Hello Christan,

Google for the uiautomationcore.dll and see how many topcs are spend on it for years. My FSX also freezed when I runned another program together with FSX.

It was FSX what freezes and stopped the other programs from responding due to disconnection off that program that was locked to FSX for information.

This Computer-Wizz from whom post I copied posted this in the last few days on a lot of Forums.

Responses are also readable and go from happy to verry happy FSX users who experienced this problem for long.

I was in the state of throwing away W7 and reinstall XP with FS9.

I experienced no chrash of EFB and my FSX did not freeze till now.

I had at least one freeze a day. I am pensioner and have a lot of time) And now two days without any problem all my sliders to Ulta-High.

And yes you make a back-up from the files before deleting them and store them in a seperate folder as they both have another size.

And when you are not happy place them back.

Hope you will get any result as me

Frans van Zantbeek

I think I should give it a try.

Although I never had problems before with anything running beside FSX... And at the moment my problems seem to be tracked down to a special scenery.

Thanks anyway. I'll report back when I will have given it a try.

Christian

Frans,

I would first like to say congratulations for your reading and study on this uiautomationcore.dll issue. (I'm ending a 16 hour day of work and will read on this myself in the next day or so.)

Since Urs nor I have not had the problems that other users have, neither he nor I can test and vouch for what you have presented. [/obDisclaimer]

I - as a mere beta tester and volunteer bottle washer - thank you for your attention and participation, and join you in suggesting that all EFB/FSX users who read this do their own due diligence – to study this matter on their own and to come to their own conclusions about their course of action.

Regards,

Christian,

I saw your other posts earlier today. I have the same top-notch sceneries as you do - I fly into and out of Geneva and Zurich every few days - and still I do not have any problems with the Couatl engine or other items.

But again, that is my system and yours may feel differently about the same things....

(My own FSX problems are with an Airport Enhancement add-on and a highly shimmering payware KATL. They're nothing on the order of what you fine folk are experiencing here though.)

One thing that I'd like to leave you with is that if you decide to not proceed now with the uiautomationcore.dll issue, I would suggest that you - and to others with SimConnect problems - create a SimConnect log file (they'd have to be very large) and attempt to generate a .Net hangup then deliver that logfile for Urs' inspection.

Regards,

All,

If I'm seeming very cautious at the moment, you're correct. About 90 minutes ago I finished rebuilding two production proxy servers while keeping an active connection working and right now I'm super-paranoid about computers - the blasted things. :geek:

Frans is perfectly correct in this - "FSX really is awesome when it works."

Hello Travis,

thanks for looking into this. There has been some mail contact between Urs and me in the meantime and he's got some simconnect logfiles from me. Nothing eye-striking in there... :?

At the moment I can say that it has nothing to do with Couatl, Addon Manager, FSUIPC or EZCA - at least on my system. I can track it down to a scenery product: Germany VFR from Aerosoft. If I turn this one off, the error is gone. If I turn it on again I can reproduce Simconnect errors.

I have no idea of a technical explanation as I don't know what photo sceneries and simconnect do make use of each other. Perhaps Urs has an idea.

AFAIK I'm fine at the moment but I will keep on testing in other areas and try to find out whether the simconnect woes will hit me again.

Cheers

Christian

Photoscenery?? Hmmm. It could eat up a lot of RAM and encourage memory swaps, but that seems to be a stretch to go from there to throwing exceptions....

Looks like more reading for me :) - I will put on my list to see what my friend Mr Google has to say about these topics.

Have a good day,

UIAutomation.dll is a problem on its own and a different problem is OOM hangups.

Christian issues seem to me like OOM related, but this is only a hunch as I am not an expert.

I have installed some time ago the UIAutomation.dll fix that Frans mentions which for quite some time freed me up by hangups. Now, I think I will try the new fix but I am not sure if removing completely the dll affects other things in W7 also.

As for Christian's question some posts ago, I use UTX Europe, GEX Europe and STLandclass but I had the same issues and before installing them.

Anyhow, it would be great if Urs could find a magical solution to get EFB from within FSX (and not windowed) as windowed mode has inherent deficiencies (esthetic and frame-wise). I would be offering to buy to Urs the full Harry Potter series if that helps :) .

abax2000 (or maybe "Harry Potter")

according to the forum rules please sign your posts with your real-life first name.Thx!

it would be great if Urs could find a magical solution to get EFB from within FSX (and not windowed)
Since EFB is based on .net I don't see an easy way to get them as an FSX-internal gauge or anything similar. Sorry.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

May I suggest something that has worked for me, after two months of hangouts and nervous breakdown on a brand new $uper FSX dream machine. This is directed for you guys who have MyTraffic V-5.2. I don't know why and at what degree Aivlasoft software is affected by MyTraffic, but I could not fly more than one hour, no matter the aircraft or scenery used.

What made me more curious was that Aivlasoft EFB ALWAYS worked flawlessly in my former machine during years, since its very first version. New CPU? New components?

Reading MyTraffic forum, I noticed version 5.2c was having problems, as also their 2013 schedule. So what I did:

1. Uninstalled MyTraffic - please follow their directions published in their forum.

2. Reinstall MyTraffic 5.2 and upgrade to 5.2a and 5.2b, one at a time. Stop at 5.2b.

3. Using their Communicator, set to 2012 Schedule. Unless you are a purist, you won't miss much.

After that, I had no more hangouts and am using Aivlasoft EFB in all my flights, along 1, 2, 3 and more hours duration. Worth a try.

Regards,

Heron