Prosim Routes

You have added an option to allowing saving a flight plan in a format that can be used by Prosim which is very useful.

But there is a slight 'bug' or inconvenience. If a flight plan is saved to the Prosim companyroutes.xml file and that route is exactly the same as another route already in the companyroutes.xml file the new flight plan will be added with a numbered suffix as the route name.

Prosim doesn't save any SIDs or STARs in its company routes so if a user changes an EFB route's SID or STAR and presses the save button, and if the user isn't careful, the new route will be saved in the Prosim routes even though it is the same as the previous one.

Seems like if the flight plan is the same as an existing one in a Prosim company route it shouldn't be saved again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

We are a few fellow norwegians that utilize loading COROUTES from url. Whenever one of us have a new route to share, we can upload our local coroutes.xml via a mergeing solution in our forum for the other pilots to use.

All the routes created with Aivlasoft EFB will display with a space betwen ORIGN DEST. Routes created in Prosim instructor station, eighter directly or imported from VRoute, will appear without this space.

In fact, I have never experienced routes beeing saved with a SPACE in route name in other software.

The routes can only be loaded into CDU as a coroute if typing is correct, and the fact that we have to guess if a route is saved with or without SPACE is not good.

This should be fixed. 

As there is no options as the "Change" feature for other addons, this could be permanantly fixed to NOT have the space. We do not need an option to insert a space or anything else in the prosim737 saving. Only ORIGNDEST.

Here you see how the output of the companyroutes.xml looks. You can spot witch routes is created with EFB and those created by PS/VR (in red)...

14 ENGM ENBR ENGM ATLAP N623 PESUR ENBR 

16 ENGM ENVA ENGM NUVSA ENVA

17 ENGMEKCH OKSAT L996 SVD

18 ENGMENCN TOR P850 OSVAL

19 ENGMENML EVTOG L997 OSVIG P615 TONDI

Hi Geir,

I will change the flight plan handler according to what you have described.

14 ENGM ENBR ENGM ATLAP N623 PESUR ENBR 

16 ENGM ENVA ENGM NUVSA ENVA

17 ENGMEKCH OKSAT L996 SVD

18 ENGMENCN TOR P850 OSVAL

19 ENGMENML EVTOG L997 OSVIG P615 TONDI

When I look at the red lines I can see another difference: the routes in red do not have the airports added again in the routing part like EFB does. Is that a point that should be fixed too?

Question: what happens if you want to add a second, a third ... route from the same origin to the same destination (e.g. 3 different routes, all from ENGM to EKCH)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Urs

Been on vacation and havent payed attention to the forums for some time now, so I've missed your reply.

Thanks for fixing this issue AND pointing out that the routes created with efb also have the orig/dest icao's in the saving.

I actually think Prosim can handle this even it's not according to it's own saving configuration, but I think it will be the best if you make it look like the original routes, here in RED.

Hi Geir,

can you give it a try? Here's the link to the updated flight plan handler:

http://www.aivlasoft.com/8X0QfDFdtUAJLCQs/AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.ProSim737.dll.zip

Proceed as follows:

- Download and unzip the .dll file

- locate the EFB "[installationFolder]\plugins" directory

- save the current ProSim737 handler to a backup place

- quit EFB DisplayUnit (if it is running)

- replace the ProSim737 handler with the downloaded and unzipped .dll

- start EFB DisplayUnit

- save flight plan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

My EFB is v. 1.6.8.33245.

Regarding the FlightplanHandler.dll, I cannot find any info about the version, but it must have been installed at the same time as my last full install. It's dated 24.08.2015... The install is done later as i remember.

Hi Urs

Post #8 have the prosim route handler dll, but not the AivlaSoft.Efb.IFlightplanHandler.dll.

The Prosim dll is placed in plugins folder, and the AivlaSoft.Efb.IFlightplanHandler.dll is in root/install dir. 

Please inform/link where to download the newest AivlaSoft.Efb.IFlightplanHandler.dll, and I try again tonight.

Geir,

the "IFlightplanHandler.dll" (which contains the interface definition) has not changed. The one that is included in the installer is still valid and must not be replaced.

Only the "ProSim737.dll" (which contains the logic for saving the flight plan) has changed.

First we must know whether the "ProSim737.dll" is working properly before it will be included/replaced in the installer.

Please verify that the "IFlightplanHandler" (which must be located in the installation folder) is from 2015 August, 24th, and then please replace the "ProSim737.dll" which must be located in the "plugins" folder with the one from post #8 herein. The latter has a date of 2016 August, 5th.

FileVersions.png

Geir,

thank you for testing!

What exactly means "does not work"? Do you get any error messages, or can you not save the route, or is the file "companyroutes.xml" mixed up, or ...

Please have a look at the following screenshot. It shows a simple route in EFB and the content of the file "companyroutes.xml" after pressing "Save" in EFB.

Is the content of the file OK, or is it wrong?

companyroutes.png

Hi Geir,

maybe I have found the cause for the problem. It seems to be a security problem because the DLL was copied manually from the origin "internet" instead of "local" when it is installed using an installer.

Please have a look at this forum where someone ran into the same problem and he got a very interesting answer. Maybe it's the same problem on your computer:

http://www.chilkatforum.com/questions/8260/could-not-load-assembly-operation-not-supported-exception-from-hresult-0x80131515

Got it working tonight.

It was indeed the security as you mentioned.

Never seen that before, so I learned something new today. 

Thanks!

PS: Actually I need to check if I used the right file.... but it does work and look correct