Waypoint modification beyond 500NM

I am currently trying to enter manually a flight plan from KLAX to NTAA and find it impossible because the modification page will not allow waypoints beyond 500 NM to be found, however one leg of that flight is 572 NM hence I am stuck with my flight plan in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with no way to move forward or even backtrack from NTAA. Is there currently a solution to that or is it a limitation that we have to accept?

Thank you for your clarification.

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

I think that the route modify page is not the best place to create a route from scratch. Did you already try to create a new route using the ATS route description which you easily can copy/paste into the textbox (Route Setup > Select > "Enter route description"). Details see "Operations manual", section 5, page 8 ...

Sorry about the lack of signature, it was ticked indeed but my signature had yet to be inserted! My mistake.

Thank you Urs for your suggestion, I used the modify page as I found it quite easy but I shall try your other solution.

Best regards,