Route Setup: "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Hi,

I am just evaluating the AivlaSoft EFB in a dual machine setup. Installation was painless and I am just about to define a first route. Unfortunately, I am running into unexplainable errors.

E.g., I am using VATRoute to find a Route EDDH to EDDM. As a result, I find e.g.

AMLUH Y901 ULSEN M852 POVEL Z16 GALMA T703 LEKMI T105 VAMAS

Unfortunately, when selecting the route now, the following error is displayed:

Error while parsing route description. Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Afterwards, the route is either not inserted at all, or only partially. The same error occurs, if I try to enter the same or another route manually.

Is this error known, or am I making an error myself?

Cyrano

EDIT: Short addition... Same problem occurs if I try to create the route on the local machine. Operating system is Windows 7 on both machines - that might be a hint.

Hello,

I can confirm this problem with my evaluation version. When trying to load a VATRoute from EGLL to LSZH I got the same error. When entering the route manually, the error also occurs. It does not matter if I am using DCT or SID/STAR. After the error the route is inserted as directly connected VORs and with the last VOR (BLM) omitted.

Before: EGLL SID DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 MIRGU UT407 BLM STAR LSZH
After: EGLL DCT DVR DCT KONAN DCT KOK DCT DIK DCT MIRGU DCT LSZH

The software is running in the distributed mode with the DataProvider on the FSX system and the DisplayUnit on another system. Both system are running Windos XP SP3.

Best regards,

Michael

EDIT: When using Route Finder the route is inserted correctly and I can select SID and STARS. So it seems to be a problem with the VATRoute interface.

Hi Cyrano, Bug738, JET 1,

I'm still trying to reproduce the problem ... but it runs without error :?

I did it on XP, Vista and Win7 with no problems.

Some questions which might help me the get closer to the problem:

- what is the language of the operating system on the several computers

- what is the language settings in 'Control Panel'

- which AIRAC cycle is installed (already 0912?)

- could you send me the logfiles, which might be found as follows:'Windows-Start-Menu' > All Programs > AivlaSoft > EFB > Logfiles

Thank you for cooperation and a big SORRY for the inconvenience.

Hello Urs,

let's see:

Language of the OS is English, although all settings (Number Format, Keyboard, etc.) are set to German in the Control Panel. AIRAC Cycle is already 0912.

The logfiles unfortunately do not provide much more information than the error itself:

2009-11-30 19:18:35,520 [1] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Application started: AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit, Version=1.0.0.33752, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=953442301537c18c
2009-11-30 19:18:41,197 [1] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - User settings loaded from 'D:\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Settings\DisplayUnitSettings.bin'
2009-11-30 19:19:13,015 [11] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Reading airport index file. Please wait ...
2009-11-30 19:19:57,428 [11] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Reading airways file. Please wait ...
2009-11-30 19:19:57,589 [11] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Reading region index file. Please wait ...
2009-11-30 19:20:25,553 [11] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Reading navaids file. Please wait ...
2009-11-30 19:21:46,133 [11] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Reading world data. Please wait ...
2009-11-30 19:21:55,815 [1] INFO  AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Connected with DataProvider
2009-11-30 19:23:21,993 [1] ERROR AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit [(null)] - Error while parsing route description. Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Have fun debugging - I am really looking forward to giving the tool a try!

Regards

Joshua

Hi,

meanwhile the problem could be analyzed and fixed. Herein I can give you a workaround, a hotfix will be release in the next few days.

1) Open the Windows-ControlPanel and go to the Regional- and Language Settings,

select the first tab (Format) and select English (United States).

2) On the DataProvider's menu bar select 'Data' and then 'FSX scenery data update'. This will create the index files from scratch.

3) After the Restart of the DataProvider, go back to the Windows-ControlPanel and reset the language format to your preferred language.

4) On the DisplayUnit, select 'RouteSetup' and get your route from VATroute.